Acne and Acne Scars are commonly seen problems in teenagers and young adults. But some people have the unfortunate hormonal constitution of facing acne related problems throughout their life. A recurring acne problem not only instigates irreparable damage to the skin but also to the mental condition of the sufferer. Some of the most commonly faced problems related to acne are –
- Recurrent acne outburst on face and other areas of the body like chest and back
- Atrophic scars – superficial scars in the infected and surrounding area; formed after acne heals
- Ice-pick scars – Very deep rooted scars formed after acne heals
- Redness and skin inflammation due to acne
- Deformation and disfigurement of tissue surrounding acne
If acne / acne scars / pimples are not treated on time could result into deep permanent marks on facial skin. Proper care & medical treatment can diminish & bring about remarkable results in acne scars that cause depressions in the skin. Treatment can also safely reduce raised acne scars. Many treatments are available – treatments include laser treatments, minor skin surgeries, chemical peels and fillers.
Treating acne / acne scars with homemade remedies & unprofessional methods could make the problem more grievous and severe. It is highly advisable to consult a certified & experienced cosmetologist providing with the best of professional advice & treatment.